This year the International Gem and Jewelry Show is coming to the Reliant Center and you can get free admission to this huge event when you get your tickets ahead of time through Goldstar. The normal cost of admission is $8 but Goldstar gets you in for free. You will see the most dazzling display of one-of-a-kind jewelry creations, exotic gems, pearls, beads, estate jewelry and much more. This year the Reliant Center will host the show from Friday, October, 18th through Sunday, October 20th. Hours are from noon to 6pm pm on Friday, 10am to 6pm on Saturday, and 11am to 5pm on Sunday.
Now if you miss out on the free admission to the International Gem and Jewelry Show you can still save $2 off each admission when you purchase your tickets ahead of time through the International Gem and Jewelry Show website. Just choose the Reliant Center show from the list.
There does not appear to be any current coupons or discounts for walk up ticketing to the International Gem and Jewelry Show. The coupons and discounts are only available for online ticket purchases either through Goldstar or through their website. Also keep in mind that there is a charge for parking at the Reliant Center. At last check there is a charge of $10 per vehicle for parking. You can take the METRORail instead and pay just $1.25 each way for transportation to and from the Reliant Center. It is the second to the last stop on the south line.
Be sure to follow the International Gem and Jewelry Show on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. They will keep you informed of the latest news, promotions, and even discount codes when available. And if you miss the International Gem and Jewelry Show this year you can check to see when the show will make its way back or you can catch the show in a nearby location. This show is very popular and it travels around quite a bit. Many people consider it the best travelling jewelry show.
The big difference between the Nightmare on the Bayou Halloween attraction and other Halloween attractions is that the Nightmare on the Bayou is one that is actually haunted. For 2013 you can visit the Nightmare on the Bayou for their Halloween event starting Friday, September 27th and running all the way through Saturday, November 2nd. Tickets are already available but before you get your tickets, take a moment to read over the suggestions which can be seen below. You will see that these should help you to save a little extra money off the total cost of your haunt. For even more savings just check out the list of coupons for the Nightmare on the Bayou which are listed below as well.
Tips & Coupons
- Bring the family on Sundays to the Nightmare on the Bayou and each member of the family will save $5 off their admission to the Nightmare on the Bayou.
- If you are in the military be sure to mention this and you will save $10 off the cost of your admission. You may be asked to show your military ID in order to get the discount.
- If you are in the police or fire department then just show your ID and you will also save $10 off the cost of your admission to the Nightmare on the Bayou.
- Stop by area Kroger grocery stores. At last check they sold discounted tickets to the Nightmare on the Bayou.
- Keep an eye on the daily deal / coupon sites like Groupon. You can often save as much as 50% off your tickets when the discounts are available.
Save time at the Nightmare on the Bayou and get the Speed Pass. It gets you to the front of the so you won’t have to worry about waiting at all. Group discounts are also available and at last check they offer a $5 discount for groups of 25 or more people.
If you want to visit somewhere that is truly scary this year then make plans to visit ScreamWorld. Not only has it been voted the number one scary attraction for Houston but it has been consistently voted as one of the scariest Halloween places by many of the national news publications. For 2013 ScreamWorld features attractions like Skull Cave, Jake’s Slaughter House, Edge of Darkness, Maze of Maniacs, and the Zombie Graveyard. ScreamWorld opens September 20th and is open every weekend through Halloween. Starting October 3rd ScreamWorld is open on Thursdays as well as the weekend. Tickets are available right now but before you get your tickets, take a moment to read over the suggestions which are outlined below for you. These should help you to save a little extra money off the total cost of your admission. On top of that you should also find a listing of the latest known coupons for ScreamWorld listed below as well for even more savings.
Tips & Coupons
- If you buy your tickets online you can save as much as $7 off the walk up ticket price for general admission to ScreamWorld.
- When purchasing your tickets online, be sure to look for promo codes. You should notice a promo code box at the lower lefthand side of the checkout page. Enter the coupon there and then click apply. You should see the discount reflected in the ticket price right below.
- Be sure to sign up for the newsletter through Facebook and you will automatically receive a coupon that is good for $3 off your admission to ScreamWorld.
- Visit ScreamWorld on either Thursday or Sunday night and you will save $12 off the regular cost of admission to ScreamWorld.
- Get together a group of 7 or more people. Everyone in the group will save $7 off their admission to ScreamWorld.
- Keep an eye on the daily deal / coupon sites like Groupon. In the past they have offered savings of up to 50% off admission to ScreamWorld.
VIP tickets are also available for ScreamWorld. They let you skip the lines for each of the 5 attractions at ScreamWorld. Purchase your VIP pass online through the ScreamWorld website and you will automatically save $11 off each pass.
If you are wondering what to do while on your Houston staycation, try checking out the Crossroads at the House of Blues over on Caroline Street in the Houston central business district. There’s always a continuous line of live entertainment there, fantastic food, and oh yeah, the Gospel Brunch every Sunday. Just check the events calendar to see what’s coming up. Before you get your tickets or head over there to dine, take a moment to read over the tips which are listed below. They should help you to save a little extra money off the total cost of you meal or event ticket at the House of Blues Houston. And in addition to all of that, you should also find a listing of the latest known coupons for the House of Blues Houston listed below as well for even more savings.
Tips & Coupons
- If you get your tickets online then be sure to look for special offer codes. On the left hand side of the checkout page is a special offer code box. Enter the coupon code here and then just click ok. You should then see the discount shown in the final price.
- Check with the local ticket discounter Goldstar. You can save as much as 50% off select tickets and more at the House of Blues Houston. In some cases you can even get FREE tickets to certain events.
- Get a gift certificate from Restaurtant.com. Here you just pay $20 for a $50 dining gift certificate to the House of Blues Houston. Then just spend at least $100 and use your gift certificate to save $50 off the total cost of your food bill.
- Check with the Greater Houston Convention and Visitors Bureau. They do offer a few coupons for area attractions, dining, and events, which can sometimes include coupons for the Crossroads at the House of Blues Houston.
- Make sure you follow the House of Blues Houston on Facebook and Twitter. They will keep you informed of the latest deals, promotions, and sometimes even exclusive coupons.
- Check out the daily deal / coupon sites such as Groupon. You can end up saving up to 50% off tickets to certain concerts and events at the House of Blues in Houston.
Need something to do this weekend? Go see Seussical the Musical. It is being performed at the Country Playhouse and this is the final weekend that it will be performed. Go ahead and get your tickets ahead of time through Goldstar and you can actually SAVE 50% off the total cost of your tickets. Now if you miss out on this discount there are actually still a few other ways to save money on your tickets. If you are purchasing your tickets through the Country Playhouse site, then look for promotional codes. You will see a promotional code box on the ticket option page. Enter the coupon here and then click continue. You should see the discount appear on the next page.
The Country Playhouse also offers a student discount. Students can just show their student ID and get $3 off their admission to see Seussical the Musical or any of the other performances at the Country Playhouse. There is also a group discount offered for groups of 20 or more people. At last check there is a $5 discount per person in a group.
If you have not already made plans next week then be sure to set aside some time to see the Blue Man Group. They are coming to the Jones Hall for the Performing Arts for just a few days with performances beginning June 4th and running through June 9th. If you’ve never seen the Blue Man Group in action before then you definitely must see them. The show is a combination of comedy, music, and technology that is truly captivating. If you miss out on the deal you can still purchase tickets through the SPA Houston site. (Society for the Performing Arts)
Tips & Coupons
You can also join the eAdvantage club. This is the email newsletter from SPA Houston. You will get priority ticket information plus special discounts for some of the upcoming shows at the Jones Hall for the Performing Arts. There may be some other discount opportunities available as well through third party ticket sites. A lot of these sites offer their own coupons which you can then apply towards the purchase of your tickets for the Blue Man Group show at the Jones Hall for the Performing Arts.
Another thing you may want to do is come early and check out the Performance Prelude for Blue Man Group. It starts about an hour before the Blue Man Group performance. The prelude features students from the Houston area that won the invent an instrument contest. You will see them show off their new instrument and then get treated to a musical performance using those instruments.
Finally, make a whole evening out of your staycation and enjoy an early dinner, the prelude, and the Blue Man Group show all in one evening. There are a lot of fantastic restaurants in the area. Check the daily deal sites like Groupon for savings of up to 50% off dining in the Houston area.
Less than an hour south of Houston in Galveston is the Schlitterbahn waterpark. Now this is smaller than its sister waterpark in New Braunfels but it is still quite a large waterpark. This 26-acre oasis of a waterpark features more than 30 attractions. On top of that it is a year round attraction with a heated pool and everything. If you are looking for water activities for the day then this is definitely a place to visit. Before you do so, take a moment to go over the tips which are listed below. They should help you to save a little extra money off your total cost of admission. And in addition to that you will also find a listing of the latest known coupons and local discounts for the Schlitterbahn Waterpark listed below as well for even more savings on your visit.
Tips & Coupons
- If you arrive at the Schlitterbahn waterpark after 3 pm you can save $10 off your general admission ticket to the Schlitterbahn waterpark.
- Stop by any Kroger, HEB and Valero in the greater Houston and Galveston area. They usually sell discounted tickets to Schlitterbahn.
- If you are in the military you can purchase your tickets through your local military base. You can save about $20 on your admission when you visit on Sundays. (in the summer)
- Get the Galveston Coupon Book. This has a few coupons for area attractions including a coupon for the Schlitterbahn waterpark.
- You can also stop by the Bay Area Houston Convention and Visitors Center and purchase discounted tickets to the waterpark as well.
- If you are a member of a credit union like the Texas Bay Area Credit Union you can purchase discounted tickets to any of the Schlitterbahn waterparks.
- If you are an employee of Chevron enter the code: 333401033 during checkout to receive a special discount.
A visit to the Houston Museum District is always a popular staycation stop and one of the best highlights of the district is the Houston Museum of Natural Science. Now for locals of the greater Houston area there are a few ways to save a little extra money on admission to the museum so don’t visit until you check out the tips which are shown below. Included with these tips is the latest known coupons for the Houston Museum of Natural Science for 2013 listed below as well for even more savings.
Tips & Coupons
- Check out the daily deal / coupon sites like Groupon. Right now you can save 50% off your admission to the Museum and Butterfly Center or the Museum and Planetarium Access.
- For just general admission tickets you can actually purchase your tickets online through the Coupon Guide and save $4 off each general admission ticket.
- The Greater Houston Convention & Visitors Bureau has a new coupon for the 2013 for the Houston Museum of Natural Science. Here you can save around 50% off tickets for various activities at the museum.
- Get the 2013 Houston CityPass. This year it includes admission savings of 46% to 5 of the top attractions in the Houston area, which includes the Houston Museum of Natural Science.
- For any person who is a faculty or staff member of the Houston Community College you can also save up to 50% off your admission to the Houston Museum of Natural Science.
- There are also a lot of other corporate discounts available for the Houston Museum of Science. Examples include discounts for Houston employees of Chevron, Cleverly Radio, and basically all educators in the Greater Houston Area.
- Finally, you might want to just go ahead and get a 2013 membership to the Houston Museum of Natural Science. The membership also gives you free admission to the permanent exhibitions at the new Houston Museum of Natural Science at Sugar Land as well as discounts to other activities.
If you are planning a staycation in Houston and have kids, one of the places you must include is a visit to the Children’s Museum of Houston. It’s nationally recognized as one of the best. See the new exhibit Newton Know-How, which explores the world of physics. And right now Groupon is offering 50% off admissions to the Children’s Museum of Houston. There are 2 options. You can purchase for 2 people or 4 people, each saving you 50% on your admission to the children’s museum. You can purchase as many as you want though you can only use one per visit. Now if you miss out on this deal you may also want to consider the Houston CityPass. This is available everyday and saves you 48% on the top 5 attractions in the Houston area, which includes your admission to the Children’s Museum of Houston.