The Latest Staycation Ideas
See one of the most amazing and gifted Chinese performers put on an acrobatic performance like no other. The Peking Acrobats are in Houston for one night only at the Jones Hall for the Performing Arts so you won’t want to miss this very unique opportunity to see this amazing show. You’ll se them perform daring maneuvers atop a pagoda of chairs, trick cycling, high precision tumbling, gymnastics, and more. Tickets are on sale right now but before you get your tickets you should know that there are several ways to save a little extra money off the total cost of your admission to see the Peking Acrobats perform at the Jones Hall for the Performing Arts.
Tips & Coupons
- Keep an eye on the daily deal / coupon sites like Amazon Local where you can save as much as 50% off the total cost of your tickets for the Peking Acrobats at the Jones Hall for the Performing Arts.
- If you buy your tickets online then be sure to check for promotion codes. You should notice a promotion code box at the top of the ticket selection page. Enter the coupon here and then just click apply and you should see the discount appear right below.
- If you are a student then check out the student matinee that is offered. You have to call 713-632-8113 for details on the student matinee discount and for ticket purchasing.
- If you are a subscriber to the Society for the Performing Arts (SPA) you can include the Peking Acrobats in your 4 ticket package and save this way. Just choose the Citi Family Fun package.
Don’t forget to sign up for their email newsletter or follow them on Facebook for the latest news, updates, and discounts on select and exclusive ticket packages.
Every year the Discovery Green transforms into an outdoor ice skating rink. It’s actually the largest outdoor ice skating rink in the Southwest at 7,716 square feet in size. In addition to the ice skating there, they also offer winter programming, outdoor movies, live music, snacks and hot cocoa. There’s even the Ice Box, which is a special toddler friendly ice rink. So go ahead and grab your ice skates (or rent them there) and head downtown for fun on the ice. Before you go though, here’s a few tips and suggestions on how you can save a little extra money off the total cost of your ice skating at the Discovery Green, which of course includes a listing of the latest known coupons that you can use to save a little extra money on your ice skating and rentals.
Tips & Coupons
- Keep an eye on the daily deal / coupon sites like Voice Daily Deals where they will sometimes offer savings of up to 50% off the regular price of your ice skating and rentals at Discovery Green.
- There are group discounts offered at the Discovery Green. You will need to contact them ahead of time in order to find out what the current group discount is and to make your reservations.
- Be sure to follow the Discovery Green on Facebook and Twitter for the latest news, updates, and promotions for events at Discovery Green.
- Check the Houston Chronicle as they will sometimes advertise deals for activities in the downtown and Greater Houston area such as the Ice at Discovery Green.
Ice skating lessons are also available at the Discovery Green. You will need to fill out a form ahead of time in order to reserve your spot. They offer both private lessons as well as group lessons.
Join everyone in the celebration of the 7th annual Houston Brazilian Carnaval at the FunPlex on Beechnut St. This fantastic and colorful event kicks off on Saturday, March 1st at 9:00 PM and continues through Sunday, March 2nd at 2:00 AM. It’s fun for all ages and this year the attractions and entertainment include the Samba Dancers from the Sambabom Brazilian Dance Company, DJ Cassio Duarte, Live Percussion with the Batala Band, and the JP Poupard Band. There’s also a costume contest and more. Tickets are on sale right now but before you get your tickets you might want to take just a moment to read over the tips and suggestions which are outlined below, which includes a listing of the available coupons. They should help you to save a little extra money off the total cost of your admission to the Houston Brazilian Carnaval.
Tips & Coupons
- If you purchase your tickets ahead of time (before the day of the show) you can actually save as much as $10 off the cost of your admission to the Houston Brazilian Carnaval.
- You can also book your tickets through Intrepid Travel where you can actually get a 15% discount on your tickets for the 2014 Houston Brazilian Carnaval.
- Check with the Houston Press. They run their own daily deals from time to time and have in the past run a promotion for the Houston Brazilian Carnaval where you can save as much as 50% off your tickets.
- Of course you can also keep an eye on the daily deal / coupon sites like Groupon where you can also end up saving as much as 50% off the cost of your admission to the Houston Brazilian Carnaval.
- There are group discounts offered for groups of 8 or more. You will need to ask the ticket office about this discount.
Looking for more to do at the Houston FunPlex? Be sure to check out the Houston FunPlex coupons first to make sure that you get the most savings possible on your admission tickets.
Once again the International Gem & Jewelry Show is coming back to Houston. This spectacular event will be held at the Reliant Center this weekend from Friday, January 17th through Sunday, January 19th. In total there will be more than 300 booths offering an amazing collection of gems, minerals, and jewelry. The show also features one-of-a-kind jewelry creations, exotic gems, beads, pearls, fine jewelry, estate collections, and a whole lot more. Admission at the door is $8 per person but yo certainly don’t have to pay that if you get your tickets ahead of time. In fact, you can get your admission free!
Of course you can also purchase your tickets directly through the International Gem & Jewelry Show. At last check they offer a $2 discount off the price of each ticket for the show. No coupon is needed for this discount. If you have a favorite vendor that you know will be there you can also check with them to see if they have any coupons for the Houston International Gem & Jewelry Show. A lot of the vendors have them and all you have to do is fill out a short little form to get the coupon. At last check these were also good for $2 off your admission to the show. Finally, if you are in the military then the Reliant Center is offering free admission to the International Gem & Jewelry Show when you show your military ID.
Keep in mind that the Reliant Center is also charging a fee for parking. At last check this was $10 per vehicle. Now if you want to see the event at another location then be sure to first check out the International Gem & Jewelry Show coupons to make sure that you get the most savings possible on your tickets.
The big difference between the Nightmare on the Bayou Halloween attraction and other Halloween attractions is that the Nightmare on the Bayou is one that is actually haunted. For 2013 you can visit the Nightmare on the Bayou for their Halloween event starting Friday, September 27th and running all the way through Saturday, November 2nd. Tickets are already available but before you get your tickets, take a moment to read over the suggestions which can be seen below. You will see that these should help you to save a little extra money off the total cost of your haunt. For even more savings just check out the list of coupons for the Nightmare on the Bayou which are listed below as well.
Tips & Coupons
- Bring the family on Sundays to the Nightmare on the Bayou and each member of the family will save $5 off their admission to the Nightmare on the Bayou.
- If you are in the military be sure to mention this and you will save $10 off the cost of your admission. You may be asked to show your military ID in order to get the discount.
- If you are in the police or fire department then just show your ID and you will also save $10 off the cost of your admission to the Nightmare on the Bayou.
- Stop by area Kroger grocery stores. At last check they sold discounted tickets to the Nightmare on the Bayou.
- Keep an eye on the daily deal / coupon sites like Groupon. You can often save as much as 50% off your tickets when the discounts are available.
Save time at the Nightmare on the Bayou and get the Speed Pass. It gets you to the front of the so you won’t have to worry about waiting at all. Group discounts are also available and at last check they offer a $5 discount for groups of 25 or more people.
If you want to visit somewhere that is truly scary this year then make plans to visit ScreamWorld. Not only has it been voted the number one scary attraction for Houston but it has been consistently voted as one of the scariest Halloween places by many of the national news publications. For 2013 ScreamWorld features attractions like Skull Cave, Jake’s Slaughter House, Edge of Darkness, Maze of Maniacs, and the Zombie Graveyard. ScreamWorld opens September 20th and is open every weekend through Halloween. Starting October 3rd ScreamWorld is open on Thursdays as well as the weekend. Tickets are available right now but before you get your tickets, take a moment to read over the suggestions which are outlined below for you. These should help you to save a little extra money off the total cost of your admission. On top of that you should also find a listing of the latest known coupons for ScreamWorld listed below as well for even more savings.
Tips & Coupons
- If you buy your tickets online you can save as much as $7 off the walk up ticket price for general admission to ScreamWorld.
- When purchasing your tickets online, be sure to look for promo codes. You should notice a promo code box at the lower lefthand side of the checkout page. Enter the coupon there and then click apply. You should see the discount reflected in the ticket price right below.
- Be sure to sign up for the newsletter through Facebook and you will automatically receive a coupon that is good for $3 off your admission to ScreamWorld.
- Visit ScreamWorld on either Thursday or Sunday night and you will save $12 off the regular cost of admission to ScreamWorld.
- Get together a group of 7 or more people. Everyone in the group will save $7 off their admission to ScreamWorld.
- Keep an eye on the daily deal / coupon sites like Groupon. In the past they have offered savings of up to 50% off admission to ScreamWorld.
VIP tickets are also available for ScreamWorld. They let you skip the lines for each of the 5 attractions at ScreamWorld. Purchase your VIP pass online through the ScreamWorld website and you will automatically save $11 off each pass.
If you are wondering what to do while on your Houston staycation, try checking out the Crossroads at the House of Blues over on Caroline Street in the Houston central business district. There’s always a continuous line of live entertainment there, fantastic food, and oh yeah, the Gospel Brunch every Sunday. Just check the events calendar to see what’s coming up. Before you get your tickets or head over there to dine, take a moment to read over the tips which are listed below. They should help you to save a little extra money off the total cost of you meal or event ticket at the House of Blues Houston. And in addition to all of that, you should also find a listing of the latest known coupons for the House of Blues Houston listed below as well for even more savings.
Tips & Coupons
- If you get your tickets online then be sure to look for special offer codes. On the left hand side of the checkout page is a special offer code box. Enter the coupon code here and then just click ok. You should then see the discount shown in the final price.
- Check with the local ticket discounter Goldstar. You can save as much as 50% off select tickets and more at the House of Blues Houston. In some cases you can even get FREE tickets to certain events.
- Get a gift certificate from Restaurtant.com. Here you just pay $20 for a $50 dining gift certificate to the House of Blues Houston. Then just spend at least $100 and use your gift certificate to save $50 off the total cost of your food bill.
- Check with the Greater Houston Convention and Visitors Bureau. They do offer a few coupons for area attractions, dining, and events, which can sometimes include coupons for the Crossroads at the House of Blues Houston.
- Make sure you follow the House of Blues Houston on Facebook and Twitter. They will keep you informed of the latest deals, promotions, and sometimes even exclusive coupons.
- Check out the daily deal / coupon sites such as Groupon. You can end up saving up to 50% off tickets to certain concerts and events at the House of Blues in Houston.
Need something to do this weekend? Go see Seussical the Musical. It is being performed at the Country Playhouse and this is the final weekend that it will be performed. Go ahead and get your tickets ahead of time through Goldstar and you can actually SAVE 50% off the total cost of your tickets. Now if you miss out on this discount there are actually still a few other ways to save money on your tickets. If you are purchasing your tickets through the Country Playhouse site, then look for promotional codes. You will see a promotional code box on the ticket option page. Enter the coupon here and then click continue. You should see the discount appear on the next page.
The Country Playhouse also offers a student discount. Students can just show their student ID and get $3 off their admission to see Seussical the Musical or any of the other performances at the Country Playhouse. There is also a group discount offered for groups of 20 or more people. At last check there is a $5 discount per person in a group.
If you have not already made plans next week then be sure to set aside some time to see the Blue Man Group. They are coming to the Jones Hall for the Performing Arts for just a few days with performances beginning June 4th and running through June 9th. If you’ve never seen the Blue Man Group in action before then you definitely must see them. The show is a combination of comedy, music, and technology that is truly captivating. If you miss out on the deal you can still purchase tickets through the SPA Houston site. (Society for the Performing Arts)
Tips & Coupons
You can also join the eAdvantage club. This is the email newsletter from SPA Houston. You will get priority ticket information plus special discounts for some of the upcoming shows at the Jones Hall for the Performing Arts. There may be some other discount opportunities available as well through third party ticket sites. A lot of these sites offer their own coupons which you can then apply towards the purchase of your tickets for the Blue Man Group show at the Jones Hall for the Performing Arts.
Another thing you may want to do is come early and check out the Performance Prelude for Blue Man Group. It starts about an hour before the Blue Man Group performance. The prelude features students from the Houston area that won the invent an instrument contest. You will see them show off their new instrument and then get treated to a musical performance using those instruments.
Finally, make a whole evening out of your staycation and enjoy an early dinner, the prelude, and the Blue Man Group show all in one evening. There are a lot of fantastic restaurants in the area. Check the daily deal sites like Groupon for savings of up to 50% off dining in the Houston area.